Tuesday 30 June 2015


Developments

If we took these performs on furthers these are my ideas.
Once upon a time I think we could extend the dance and make it longer in content. This is the one dance with the biggest story line so by making it longer may help the audience understand it fully. Also using strobe lighting could help with the effect of the princesses souls separating.
Rock and roll could definately be a piece that can be carried on but personally I would involve and add in more dancers and make it a huge group piece. I think it will look much more visually pleasing to the audience. Possibly girl, boy pairing instead make it a little more traditional, but that is only an option. 
Acting piece would look good with extras and a little background noise to add to the effect and give it more of a realistic atmosphere of a school bus. 
Ballet would look more effective with things like a smoke effect and dim lighting as that will help set the mood of the dance.
Street I think the min change it needed was costume but I am going to leave a couple of photos attached of some sketches I drew of my costume ideas.
Tap would also look good with a bigger cast and more of concert style lighting like spotlights, strobes and blaring music. This would be a very good piece to be developed!
Candy Store is our version of the musical so possibly adding into some acting scenes before or after the song would really help the audience become sucked in to the story of Heathers.
Bad is one of my favourite dances and there is not a lot I would change apart from perhaps using a red wash in the lighting. 
Ed’s song I would not want to be developed much or taken further because it was a very personal dance for me and it was like my chance to say goodbye.
I wish I may does not really need much change but possibly smoke effect and spotlights when each person steps into the light.
Can’t stand the rain is probably more of a simpler dance so I think maybe including the idea of props could really add to the performance. I’m unsure of what kind of props but I it is definately something to think about.
My solo song is something I would love to continue with and I think adding in a scene before so the audience can understand the meaning of my song fully.
Commercial can be developed lighting wise because it was quite simple so I think using red/blue wash in the lighting.

Fan dance could also involve a scene possibly after the performance. As it is a musical theatre number and very jazzy I think the lighting needs to meet that and the classical Chicago colour is red so that needs to be incoperated.

No comments:

Post a Comment