Tuesday 30 June 2015

Blog 9

Monday- Today in drama everyone had there assessment but luckily Tj and I have already done ours. This does not mean we did not perform it to the class we still did and this gave us a chance to rehearse. We also ran through the fan dance and commercial because that needed a great deal of cleaning. The rap section was the messiest and Kelly was unhappy with a move she had choreographed. Once is was changed I have to attempt it looked better, I just need secure the choreography.

Tuesday- We had time in the morning to run thing anything we needed to before we showcased everything we have already done. Today we did of first full run through, linked with the running order and timings. We brought in our costumes but our teachers decided it would be better to do that tomorrow and that this run through should be for stamina. Also today Amber got back from her holiday so it gave her a chance to catch up. We started with contemporary and half way through we had a head collision/ injury so we stopped and re started but after this dance the two people involved in the injury felt sick. So for most of the dances we were a man or two down. This run through probably could not of gone worse, however there is a saying ‘bad run through, good show’. Even though it went extremely wrong and it made me more nervous it was still benefical as I now know that my stamina is good enough to sustain through out the whole show. In the evening classes Mary was worried about Amber’s injury because she went to hospital so she asked me to learn the jazz trio just as a precaution if she was not well enough for the show. I learnt it in the evening I love the choreography so I don’t mind if I do have to perform it but I will rehearse at home tonight to make sure I remember it. 

Wednesday- Today we had our first dress run this was not just to see if we could dance in our costumes and that they suited our dances but also to see if we had enough time to get changed. Most of my dances only have one in between and one has none. So this run through was extremely useful for me as it gave me a chance to work out if I could layer any of my costumes or tights. I also had the opportunity to dance the jazz trio and I am now comfortable enough to perform it at the showcase if I needed to. I think that for a first dress run I went alright but I realised there were a few dances that needed more attention. For example Rock and Roll needed to be tighter, like in the cartwheel section Maddie and I start it 2 counts earlier than the other girls so we need to hold back a bit. Also in the Bad trio we still have some different arms we need to clarify. In the side leap I keep putting my arms in the air instead of to the side, but now I know this for the next rehearsal. Another improvement I need to make before the show is my performance, particularly in Rock and Roll and Heathers. I need to smile and inter act more with the other dancers because that is what this style is all about. Also the last run through of the musical theatre troupe Kelly said I was holding back and almost letting the whole performance down so I really need to let go of feeling embarrassed and really act this dance. Before lunch we worked on the finale piece while both Kelly and Claire were there, we cleaned it up and we made some improvements, the biggest being the harmony. Claire and Mary agreed that the high harmony did not sound as bad as we thought, so at least we are now all singing the same part. In the afternoon we had time with Emilie to finally finish the contemporary. Luckily there was not too much more choreography to learn, the only part I struggled with was learning a whole new move which is a kind of switch leap. Unfortunately I can’t see exactly what I look like but I feel as if my front leg needs to be straighter. Now this piece is finished I am excited to perform it on stage and I think once its clean it is going to be a great way to open the show. 

Thursday- Today we started with a dress run again, this time went a lot better than the last. Also today was the first time Amber was back after her injury, this is good news because now I have one less number to worry about. Every number was a lot cleaner today and it helped that the whole cast was here. Changes became much easier today too and I think I am now feeling ready for the performance tomorrow. In the afternoon we cleaned contemporary and ran through street I now feel like I am fully prepared for the showcase I just need to make sure I perform it to the highest of my capability. 

Friday- Today we came into college for last minute rehearsals being as the show is today. We created a short finale to the song ‘Bills’ and we cleaned commercial together due to it being the one that needed the most work. Kelly put me in charge of this rehearsal as she was confident I knew the choreography. Once I was pleased with the result we all went down stairs to get ready for the show. When arriving at Comberton we set up all our costume at got time for a run through on the stage with the microphones. This was helpful so we knew what the flooring was like and how much space to use up. The only thing I am now frightened about is not getting the microphones in time with my costume changes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment