Tuesday 30 June 2015

Blog 7

Monday- This morning we ran the ballet piece to ensure that it is in our heads, we did not clean it completely because we had our drama assessment this morning so our teacher gave us more time to rehearse and be prepared. It was helpful for my because I keep forgetting the ronde de jambe after the lame duck. So I think drilling the dance a couple of times was definately helpful. Finishing the lesson early gave us all the opportunity to get changed into our costumes and have a quick speed run to ensure we knew all of our lines. It was also a good exercise, by running it quickly it helped us know all of our cues. When Anna came in she was impressed that we were all practicing and when we showed our piece to one another we got some feedback, our main thing we need to improve is to know our lines inside out. The next class we had we musical theatre and we dedicated half to our group piece and the other half to the fan dance. Musical theatre went well and looked clean but Kelly said we all need to up our performance level and I definately agree. The second half of the lesson gave Amber a chance to catch up with the beginning section of the choreography. I think though that we all need to start singing it because it is difficult to sing and dance at the same time as breath support will become a lot more difficult so I think the next time we run through it I am going to sing. In studio time I dedicated it to my solo because after my feedback about it being to acro based I want to make it more emotional and the dance I really want it to be. I think I used my studio time well because I now only have two counts of 8 until my solo is completed. The last lesson of the day was tap and since last week I had really been practicing the final move and I was excited about showing Kelly. However for safety reasons we all thought it would be best to not to it because we did not have knee pads. After running it a couple of times we went downstairs to show it to the other class and we saw theres, this got more excited for the show because both pieces looked really good and they contrasted really well.

Tuesday- Today we had most of the day was free to practiced whatever we wanted, my main priority was the jazz trio as it was incompleted so we focus on that. Although by the end of the day we were still not completely happy with what we have done so I would not be surprised if it changed. I also spend a little time on my solo and finished it so all I need to do is clean it. We also went through rock and rolls and the singing trio. We started to clean rock and roll and this was helpful because we clarified a couple of arm lines and footwork. The only thing we did for the singing trio was to make sure the harmonies were tight however some still do not sound right and Mary said Maddie should move up to my harmony.

Wednesday- This morning we ran through most of the dances (these were the contemporary group, my solo, street, rock and roll and lastly musical theatre). This was helpful because it helped me keep all the choreography in my head. We also had a singing lesson with Claire and she spend most of her time with Zak and we came up in the end to singing our parts along side one another and it is starting to sound really good so I am getting excited to perform this. Our last lesson was with Emilie and we mainly focussed on street because Emilie finally got the finally cut and mash up of the music. We got a lot done today I think we had the whole middle section of the dance complete I am now feeling a lot more comfortable and not as worried about this dance. Our teacher said we now only need to learn the beginning and a few transitions.


Thursday- Today was the first time we had both modern groups together so we could finally see what it is going to look like. Kerry said that it needed cleaning but for the first time all together it was not that bad. She added on the ending too which was simple so it didn’t take us long to get. Today we had a small time to run what we want so we went through rock and roll and few times but I mainly wanted to focus on cleaning my solo. Which I did and I’m now happy with how it looks and I’m finally happy with my result. Today was hopefully going to be the day where we finished both contemporary and street however we ran out of time because we took the whole time on street. We went through both piece and learnt most of the transitions so it is nearly complete. But we had 10 minutes at the end of class to run contemporary and secure the choreography in our brains. 

No comments:

Post a Comment